Tango of Creativity Weekend 2019
June 14 - June 17€210
The Tango of Creativity Weekend
14 – 17 June 2019 at Cittadella
Creativity pure and simple
‘The object isn’t to make art, it’s to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable’ ……Robert Henri
Creativity is about manifesting our dreams and passions into words and images, making our world brighter and sharper.
Whether you want to ignite or re-awaken your creative flow, our retreats will help you discover your true creative self. A powerful experience, yet one where you will have fun and learn to play with word, colour and image.
A short break away from the everyday in the beautiful Italian region of Marche – developing your own creativity through painting, sketching, poetry and exploring in the local landscape. This is a course for artists and non-artists alike – anyone who is curious about their own creativity and what that might unfold.
Your Chance To:
Unwind & recharge in Italy, the Cultural Heart of Europe
- Dissolve creative blocks
- Engage all your visual artistic skills with our hands-on artist workshops
- Go on a series of mini-Adventures
- Have the time & space to Explore, Inspire, Create…
- Refuel your inner artist at our base in Cittadella – with the gorgeous Sibillini Mountains as a backdrop… and gain the confidence of openly expressing yourselves
“You don’t need to be able to draw or paint or sing or make music or write stories, or whatever you think of when you think of the word ‘ARTIST’ – artist is a state of mind, and that’s what this is all about – your creativity will come out in whatever ways you allow it.”
And time to Get Into Your Creative Flow
Michael and Michelle bring their painterly sensibilities and connective sparks to this inspiring break and set you off on a series of mini-adventures, some looking inwards and others looking outwards.
“Each day begins with movement, getting us in flow, connecting with ourselves. Then time spent exploring aspects of creativity, process, approach and mindset. We’ll be engaging you with the challenges and joys of simply paying attention, increasing your awareness and tuning in – unwinding.
Our challenges over the course of these precious few days use walking, photography, drawing, painting, poetry to help immerse everyone in the simple pleasures of creating beyond ourselves
Once you get started, these creative adventures tend to take on a momentum of their own, carrying you along with them. Our intentions are that you come away refreshed, clear and enthused about the next steps in your own personal artist’s journey… And it’s a journey of re-awakening and learning how to keep awake in this restless world, awake to the wonder of nature and the necessity of keeping our creative selves alive.
All our workshops/retreats are practical in nature and involve word and image and often dance and music too. Doing, making and producing endless quantities of work, and, above all, loosening the tyranny our rational minds for a while by painting, haiku, fun mind games and wellbeing exercises
Our objective always is to take you back to your original creative self; to immerse you once more in the magic pool of your precious creativity which has been waiting for your attention for so long. Our programme works wonders and you’ll love it! And what’s more, we give you a toolkit to take away with you so you never lose this gift again.”
Based at La Cittadella
Centro Agrituristico & Country House – a home from home in the heart of the mountains – with comfy rooms, a pool, gardens with views of the mountains, a kitchen, a restaurant serving home-cooked food and miles and miles of walking, riding and the great outdoors to explore.
Read what the Guardian says about Cittadella.
Your Course Leaders are:
Photographer & Painter
Ex-Director of Photography at AUB
Mixed Media Artist
- Click here to BOOK your workshop place, which costs 210 euros – this takes you to Michael’s site, StarStone – please don’t be alarmed!!
- and then once you’ve received confirmation, book your accommodation direct the wonderful Cittadella. This way, you can choose exactly when and how you’d like to stay there. These rates include use of pool.
- Full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) at Cittadella is from E70 per day for shared room (two sharing);.
- Half board is 55 euros,
- B&B only, there are now three new mini apartments: Single 50 euro per night, Two sharing 70 euro per night, Three sharing 80 euro per night
- June 14
- June 17
- Event Categories:
- Creativity Workshop, Painting, Poetry, Short-break, Tango of Creativity
- Event Tags:
- adventure, being, collaborating, creativity, discovery, doing, drawing, expressing, flow, inspiring, Italy, journeys, making, painting, photography, pictures, poetry, process, relaxing, resting, retreat, space, spirals, walking, walks, weekend, words
- Michael Eldridge
- Michelle Rumney