- This event has passed.
Creativity and the Business Mind
June 8 - June 11€175
(Re-wilding the self)
With Michael Eldridge and Peter Moolan- Feroze June 8 to 12
Creativity; that current buzz word which government and commerce are flirting with and which very few truly understand. We are told to think creatively when these very two words are often contradictory.
So exactly how can we best describe creativity?
It is not an act of thinking but rather a state of being.
A State of Being
It is fair to say that business (rational and logical) thinking sharpens the mind, allowing it to see issues clearly, to act promptly and to articulate and share thoughts up and down the chain of command; to perform at optimum efficiency.
Risk taking, thinking outside the box, brainstorming, all these are often effective in the short term (and add a bit of spice now and then), but familiar patterns promptly re-establish themselves.
These well-meaning peripheral add-ons, however, are never enough, because without creative awareness in our lives, we are restricted to flat repetition both in our working and our private lives.
At The Tango of Creativity, we take creativity very seriously. It is about doing and making; poetry and painting, both individually and collectively, theatre games, exploring body language, walking, talking together in the beautiful hills of Assisi, creating energy spaces and discovering the values of communication and awareness.
Our aim is to establish a long-term relationship with our clients where we will discover that living creatively is the goal we must reach together, both in the business and the personal sphere
We identify with what we create
It is a voyage to our higher selves
What will participants take away from the workshop
- An insight into creativity. Much has been written on this subject and we will discover together what it means to live creatively. It goes much deeper than so-called awareness and can be better likened to the sort of ‘absorption’ one sees when children play and make things.
- How to develop/access the power of innate creativity. It is never enough to merely experience a workshop, as illuminating as this might be. We show you how this powerful tool can be drawn upon in the everyday situation. Not a difficult process at all, more like slipping into a warm bath on a cold day
- How to integrate creativity with the business thinking process. We see no distinction between personal private and business creative impulses. The one flows into the other when judgemental attitudes are put aside. And we are allowed to plumb the profound depths of our imagination without the constraints of limiting criteria.
- Tangible takeaway techniques to improve integration of creativity into their working and private life. These are tricks and games designed to fool rational control and thinking. And these can be drawn upon at will in any situation as we learn to become as absorbed as children even in the most simple everyday occurrences.
- A desire to inhabit, continue and further their workshop experience in the form of an ongoing studio, both virtual and real-time in their business environment. We envisage a creative relationship with participants which take the form of weekly SKYPE sessions and monthly real-time top up workshops. In short to avoid the trap of default habit, reoccurring mechanistic repetition and blurring of wakefulness.
Our venue? Cittadella in the Sibillini Mountains of Le Marche
read what the Guardian says about CittaDella